Skip to content

Flood Insurance

from California Brokerage Insurance Associates

Flood Insurance

Standard home insurance doesn’t cover flooding. Unfortunately, many homeowners don’t realize that their homeowners insurance doesn’t include this coverage until there’s three feet of water. At California Brokerage Insurance Associates, we don’t want you to be taken by surprise. That’s why we encourage all California residents to call us and learn more about homeowners flood insurance.

How Does Flood Insurance Work?

That’s a question we answer all day, every day. Basically, flood insurance coverage includes two types of property: the building and the contents. The latter covers all the possessions in the building. However, flood insurance doesn’t cover the land that the building in on.

Building coverage includes the building, the foundation, electrical and plumbing systems, all HVAC systems, water heaters, kitchen appliances, carpeting and unfinished flooring (not area rugs).

Content coverage includes window coverings, electronic equipment, furniture, clothing, portable kitchen appliances, non-covered carpeting and flooring, washers and dryers, window AC units, etc.

Get Your California Flood Insurance Quote Today

Not all flood insurance rates are the same. To make sure you are appropriately covered in the event of a flood, contact CBIA for an online flood insurance quote. Our qualified brokers are ready to discuss how flood insurance coverage enhances your current home insurance policy. Call today to learn more about how to further protect your property from the effects of flooding. Our flood insurance to homeowners, renters, and business owners is affordable, comprehensive, and necessary to protect your property from serious loss.