The Fourth of July is a time of celebration with friends and family. A spectacle of night time firework shows, which bring forth colorful wonder and unforgettable memories.
At California Brokerage Insurance Associates, we want you to experience a joyous and safe holiday with your loved ones. Below are some helpful and useful tips for you to stay on the safe side this Forth of July.
- There are many dangers associated with consumer fireworks. Not many people understand its devastating risks. To stay informed, visit the National Fire Protection Association.
- To avoid repeaters from tipping, always surround them with bricks or place them within concrete blocks.
- Never let children handle or light fireworks. Even sparklers, which burn at more than 1,000 degrees, can cause third-degree burns. Kids under the age of 15 account for approximately 40% of fireworks injuries, according to the U.S. Fire Administration.
- A responsible adult should always be present when children – even teenagers – are around fireworks. More than half of fireworks injuries happen to those younger than 20 years old.
Protecting your home
- According to the National Fire Protection Association, the best way to protect your home is to not use fireworks at home.
- Remember, fireworks can cause grass fires and other types of blazes as well. Make sure you light fireworks in a safe area, away from homes and buildings, and other combustible material. Keep a fire extinguisher nearby in case of emergency.
- Look out for tree limbs or bushes that could catch fire. Trimming vegetation to keep it away from your home is a good idea anyway, but it could save you from a catastrophic fire on the Fourth of July.
- If your gutters have accumulated leaves, pine needles or other flammable material, clean them before using fireworks near your home.
- Finally, if you won’t be home on the holiday, ask a neighbor to keep an eye on your house if others in your neighborhood will be using fireworks.
With some common sense and planning, the Fourth of July can be both safe and enjoyable for everyone. Whether you’re staying at home or heading away, we hope you have a wonderful time celebrating our independence!
For further questions and assistance, please contact us at 619-283-9999. You can also learn more about our Personal Insurance https://southerncaliforniaauto... or get a free Insurance Quote https://southerncaliforniaauto... online today!