Spring is here and there is no better time to rid your home of any excess junk, while also keeping the focus on organizing necessary tasks. Like most of us at California Brokerage Insurance Associates, it's time to redirect our focus on these outstanding tasks!
To get you started, we've gathered some simple, but effective tips to help you jumpstart into action!
Party It Up!
Don't stress! Take your time when cleaning for Spring. Just relax and take each effort one step at a time. Get creative! Cleaning house can also be a family affair. It's not a bad idea to get your spouse and kids together to perhaps throw a "clean your space" party!
Stick To Your Plans!
Having a plan in place is important before you get started with any project. Begin and target your most troubled areas. Then, you can begin to tackle other areas that need attention. Remember to stick to your plans. Then, rest assure in accomplishing your cleaning priorities!
Use that protective gear if you are going to utilize cleaning products containing heavy chemicals. It will always serve you better to go "green" when cleaning your space. Preparation for safety equipment is a must this Spring, so remember to have that first aid kit handy, along with necessary tools readily available.
Kick start into action with tips below on spring cleaning and you’ll discover helpful sites with beneficial instruction as well as an accurate checklist.
- Clean out all unneeded goods from your refrigerator and freezer, especially expired food items. The bottom of your fridge can get dirty fairly quickly, so clean out its shelves and racks. To be energy effective, re-check the cleanliness of its coils located underneath the fridge.
- Clean every appliance, including the stove and oven.
Living and Dining Room
- Dusting will serve you well in these two rooms. Clean out every light fixture and window sill. Take those curtains down and dust them off if you don't have blinds.
- Thoroughly dust all sofas and chairs. Remove the cushions and vacuum in between and underneath.
- Protect those carpets and rugs. Shampoo and steam clean if necessary. The health of your rug goes a long way.
Bedrooms and Closets
- When was the last time you turned your mattress? Steaming is also a great option.
- Change your pillow cases when needed. If the label permits, place them in the washer for extra cleaning.
- Clean out your closet and get rid of the excess. Donate unworn or unwanted items.
- Check underneath your bed and clean if necessary.
- Start cleaning the bathroom from top to bottom. Start with the vents and ceiling fans. Thoroughly wipe off any dust and dirt that may have accumulated.
- Re-evaluate your medicine cabinet and get rid of anything that is expired.
- Wipe down all mirrors to get rid of grime. Scrub and disinfect the toilets, sinks, faucets, showers and tubs.
Congratulations! You've tackled the most important cleaning project. Let's leave the garage cleaning for another day.
For further questions and assistance, please contact us at www.southerncaliforniaautoinsurance.com. We are local, reliabe and independent. Learn more about what we offer in homeowners insurance at http://southerncaliforniaautoinsurance.com/homeowner-insurance and receive a free homeowner's quote online today!