Trick or Treat! October is finally here, and with the smell of candy corn and delicious treats in the air, children and adults flock to the streets of San Diego pumped up for a night of goulish fun. Along with all the excitement this day brings, Halloween can also have its fair share of unpleasant tricks.
This Halloween, wheather you're entertaining a costume bash, gathering goodies with the little goblins or just relaxing at home with baskets full of treats to hand out, California Brokerage Insurance Associates encourages everyone to have safe and joyous Halloween night.
Let us take the spook out of your evening by sharing a few safety tips. California Brokerage Insurance Associates are consistently here for any unanswered questions you may have. Contact us at 619-283-8999.
Create creepy, but safe costumes for your kids.
- Wear costumes made of fireproof material.
- For enhanced visibility, administer reflective tape to your costumes and candy bags.
- Avoid injury by altering your costumes to suitably fit.
- Make certain all costume accessories, such as swords and knives are soft, flexible and non-harmful.
Trick or Treat safely with California Brokerage.
- Always trick or treat in groups, accompanied with a responsible adult.
- Carry a cell phone or change for home and emergency phone calls.
- Never accept invitations from strangers.
- Avoid eating tampered goodies by properly inspecting them under bright light.
- Limit the amount of treats consumed by having a well portioned meal before the festivities.
Parties, goodies and costumes...Oh, my!
- Respect other people and their property.
- Avoid open flame in the path of guests.
- Practice the stop, drop and roll method in the case your costume lights on fire.
- All candy should be inspected by parents for loose wrappers and choking hazards.
- Make sure all drivers are aware of crossing pedestrians and to exercise caution.
Let's face it! Halloween would not be the same without creating your very own Jack O' Lantern. To make this activity safe for the entire family, It is best to have children create their own designs with a Jack O' Lantern creator tool usually found online. This way, children can print their designs and transfer them onto their pumpkins making it ready for carving. Children should always be under the supervision of an adult during this project for safety. To eliminate seeds and excess flesh inside your pumpkin, use a kitchen or ice cream scooper.
Do your part to ensure a safe and Happy Halloween night!
Stay in Touch!
For question or concerns, please contact us online or by phone at southerncaliforniaautoinsurance.com or 619-283-8999 today!